Publishers Samuel, Ann and Peter Thompson were active as far back as 1781, trading from 75 St Paul's Church Yard, London. An earlier Peter Thomson was trading as early as 1746. Kidson dates this volume c.1789, but published advertisements place it in 1790, when the same publishers issued The Hibernian Muse. The last trace of the firm is in the name of Henry Thompson in 1804.
|The Caledonian Muse||1790||[1st]|