Full title: Twelve Tunes Composed by Miss Stirling of Ardoch
Publisher: [The Author]
Name given in different sources as Magdaline, Magdalene, Magdalena. Gore and Douglas refer to the collection as Twelve Reels.
These tunes are somewhat repetitive, but along with the simple 4-beat basslines are some pianistic touches, where a tune (such as in 'Ardoch House') dissolves into semiquaver figuration shared between LH and RH. There are some LH dyads, and dynamic markings.
The tunes are confidently presented.
Link: HMT transcription
Biographical info: A member of the Stirling Family of Ardoch, Perthshire.
- Aberdeen University Library
- Birmingham University Library
- Cambridge University Library
- Dundee Central Library (Wighton Collection)
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Library
- Edinburgh University Library
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
- University of Glasgow Library
- Royal Academy of Music, London
- British Library, London
- Royal College of Music, London
- Vaughan Williams Memorial Library, Cecil Sharp House, London
- Manchester Public Library
- Manchester University Library
- Newcastle University Library
- Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
- A K Bell Library, Perth
- Saint Andrews University Library
- Sheffield University Library
- National Library of Ireland, Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin