Master F. Sitwell's Strathspey
by Nathaniel Gow
Full title: Master F. Sitwell's Strathspey.Composed byNath: Gow. and Lord Eglintoun's Reel Danced as a Medly to which is added three Favorite Country Dances.
Publisher: Edinburgh: Gow & Shepherd
Printer: Gow & Shepherd
Master Francis Sitwell's Strathspey appears in Niel Gow, A Fourth Collection.
Biographical info: Niel Gow (1727-1807), father of the famous Gow family, lived in Inver near Dunkeld. (Glen 2, viii-xiv; Grove; Alburger; Murdoch, 41-48) Gow's fourth son Nathaniel (1763-1831), violinist and Edinburgh publisher, was perhaps the most famous of the siblings; but his brothers William, John and Andrew also traded in music (John and Andrew in London). Nathaniel's son, Niel Junr., lived 1795-1823.
- Aberdeen University Library
- Birmingham University Library
- Cambridge University Library
- Dundee Central Library (Wighton Collection)
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Library
- Edinburgh University Library
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
- University of Glasgow Library
- Royal Academy of Music, London
- British Library, London
- Royal College of Music, London
- Vaughan Williams Memorial Library, Cecil Sharp House, London
- Manchester Public Library
- Manchester University Library
- Newcastle University Library
- Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
- A K Bell Library, Perth
- Saint Andrews University Library
- Sheffield University Library
- National Library of Ireland, Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
GB-Ob Tyson Mus. 1143 (6)
GB-P Af10 (volume of 25 miscellaneous dance sheets)
This source has not been digitised.