The Marchioness of Cornwallis's strathspey
by William Marshall
Full title: The Marchioness of Cornwallis's strathspey, for the piano forte; by Mr. Marshall.
Printer: J Hamilton’s Music Library, No. 24 North Bridge
GB-Gu catalogues dates this volume c.1805. Hamilton was at this address 1799-1811 (SBTI).
Contents: Marchioness of Cornwallis's strathspey; Miss Matilda Goldie's strathspey; Miss Magdalane Goldie's reel; Major Lyell of Kinneff's favorite; Mr. Craig's reel; Mr. Knight's hornpipe; Mr. Clarkson's hornpipe.
Biographical info: Marshall (1748-1833) was a fiddler and composer, born in Fochabers, employed as house steward to the Duke of Gordon. (Glen 2, v-vii; Alburger; Bulloch; Cowie)
- Aberdeen University Library
- Birmingham University Library
- Cambridge University Library
- Dundee Central Library (Wighton Collection)
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Library
- Edinburgh University Library
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
- University of Glasgow Library
- Royal Academy of Music, London
- British Library, London
- Royal College of Music, London
- Vaughan Williams Memorial Library, Cecil Sharp House, London
- Manchester Public Library
- Manchester University Library
- Newcastle University Library
- Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
- A K Bell Library, Perth
- Saint Andrews University Library
- Sheffield University Library
- National Library of Ireland, Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
GB-Gu Ca11-y.15 (item 19/54)
This source has not been digitised.