A Collection of Original Strathspey Reels with Variations, Waltzes, Marches, Irish Airs &c
by Lady, A Young
Full title: A Collection of Original Strathspey Reels with Variations, Waltzes, Marches, Irish Airs &c and A New Sonata for the Piano Forte Violin or German Flute Dedicated to the Right Honourable Lady Madelina Sinclair by a Young Lady Never before Published.
Publisher: Edinburgh: Urbani & Liston
Printer: Urbani & Liston
At GB-En, the Glen copy is signed NCE [HCE?]. The collection includes a piece based on the birds in Stedman's Narrative of Surinam, and some geographical references are colonial; the last page juxtaposes Walthamstow and Merchiston.
The settings are mostly pianistic, but a few strathspeys and reels towards the end of the book show a halfway house between 'classical' piano writing and the familiar bassline styles.
Biographical info: The ‘Young Lady’ may have been Catherine E. White, who registered the book in Stationers’ Hall on 17 August 1804.
- Aberdeen University Library
- Birmingham University Library
- Cambridge University Library
- University Library, Durham
- Dundee Central Library (Wighton Collection)
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Library
- Edinburgh University Library
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
- University of Glasgow Library
- Royal Academy of Music, London
- British Library, London
- Royal College of Music, London
- Vaughan Williams Memorial Library, Cecil Sharp House, London
- Manchester Public Library
- Manchester University Library
- Newcastle University Library
- Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
- A K Bell Library, Perth
- Saint Andrews University Library
- Sheffield University Library
- National Library of Ireland, Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
GB-En Glen 306
This source has not been digitised.