Eight Cottillions and Four Country Dances
by McIntosh, Alexander
Full title: Eight Cottillions and Four Country Dances by Alexander McIntosh, Teacher of Dancing Dundee.
Printer: London: Printed for the Author, by Longman & Broderip, No.26, Cheapside & No.13, Haymarket.
The book consists mostly of Cotillions, with dance figures and simple single note basslines. There are a couple of reels, and a strathspey and jig at end of the book, with single note basslines. No tunes are given titles.
Missing pages in the GB-En copy are made up in MS by J. Murdoch Henderson. JMH notes on GB-En copy that it was published between 1778 and 1798. The GB-DUcl is marked 'WM 1796' and wrongly dated '1780' in pencil.
Biographical info: Alexander McIntosh was a dancing teacher in Dundee, in the late 18th century. He published in London and Edinburgh.
- Aberdeen University Library
- Birmingham University Library
- Cambridge University Library
- University Library, Durham
- Dundee Central Library (Wighton Collection)
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Library
- Edinburgh University Library
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
- University of Glasgow Library
- Royal Academy of Music, London
- British Library, London
- Royal College of Music, London
- Vaughan Williams Memorial Library, Cecil Sharp House, London
- Manchester Public Library
- Manchester University Library
- Newcastle University Library
- Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
- A K Bell Library, Perth
- Saint Andrews University Library
- Sheffield University Library
- National Library of Ireland, Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
GB-En MH.s.52 (2)
This source has not been digitised.