by McLaren, Daniel
Full title: Tulloch-Gorum. With Variations for the Piano-Forte And Seven new Tunes Composed by D. Maclaren.
Printer: J. Hamilton
The other tunes are Lady Hope's Strathspey, Robertson of Balgarvie's Reel, Coll. Macleod of Rasay's Strathspey, Miss Kemp's Jigg, Mr. Adam Ferguson's Favorite Reel, Mr S. Moncrieff's Strathspey, Miss Rigg of Morton's Jigg.
Page 2 has 'Lady Hope's Strathspey' in upper case, and printer's name at the bottom, suggesting that the additional tunes could be sold separately from Tulloch-Gorum.
Tulloch-Gorum has four strains in total and a bassline in octaves throughout; the other tunes have mostly single lines. The final jig has broken chords.
Biographical info: A fiddler/composer from Taymouth, Perthshire, McLaren published his own music from his house in Bell's Wynd, Edinburgh at the end of the 18th century. (Glen 2, xvi) His name is also spelled Maclaren.
- Aberdeen University Library
- Birmingham University Library
- Cambridge University Library
- University Library, Durham
- Dundee Central Library (Wighton Collection)
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Library
- Edinburgh University Library
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
- University of Glasgow Library
- Royal Academy of Music, London
- British Library, London
- Royal College of Music, London
- Vaughan Williams Memorial Library, Cecil Sharp House, London
- Manchester Public Library
- Manchester University Library
- Newcastle University Library
- Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
- A K Bell Library, Perth
- Saint Andrews University Library
- Sheffield University Library
- National Library of Ireland, Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
GB-En Glen 288
This source has not been digitised.