Miss Dumbreck's Reel
by Mackintosh, Robert
Full title: Miss Dumbreck's Reel, To which are added, the favorite old Tune Jonnie Cope, Arranged as a Strathspey with three other tunes for the Piano Forte.
Printer: Printed by Penson, Robertson & Co.
Bound in a vast volume of small publications and single sheets from late 18th century into the 19th. Songs, tunes, piano variations, dances Full list is in GB-Gu catalogue.
There is an interesting variety of piano vamps in 'Timour the Tarter' [Tartar].
Biographical info: Robert Mackintosh (c.1745-1807, known as "Red Rob") was a fiddler and composer from Tullymet; he worked in Edinburgh and played for the Edinburgh Musical Society; led the band at Gentlemen's Concerts in Aberdeen c.1785-88, and moved to London in 1803. (Alburger). He was said to have taught Nathaniel Gow; Glen believes this must have been in Aberdeen. (Glen 1, xi)
- Aberdeen University Library
- Birmingham University Library
- Cambridge University Library
- University Library, Durham
- Dundee Central Library (Wighton Collection)
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Library
- Edinburgh University Library
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
- University of Glasgow Library
- Royal Academy of Music, London
- British Library, London
- Royal College of Music, London
- Vaughan Williams Memorial Library, Cecil Sharp House, London
- Manchester Public Library
- Manchester University Library
- Newcastle University Library
- Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
- A K Bell Library, Perth
- Saint Andrews University Library
- Sheffield University Library
- National Library of Ireland, Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
GB-A Hend inst mis
This source has not been digitised.