Tom Thumb, a favorite dance with three new strathspeys and a reel for the piano forte.
by James Boick
Full title: Tom Thumb a Favorite Dance with Three New Strathspeys and a Reel. For the Piano Forte &c.
Printer: Robert Purdie
Bound in a vast volume of small publications and single sheets from late 18th century into the 19th. Songs, tunes, piano variations, dances Full list is in GB-Gu catalogue.
The curious articulation marks in the tunes suggest they were probably intended for piano rather than fiddle. The basslines are mostly in single notes.
Biographical info: The Borders musician John Pringle wrote a Strathspey entitled 'James Boick' c.1801. Much later, Hamilton's Universal Tune Book (Glasgow, 1844) contained James Boick's Reel, 'now printed for the first time'.
- Aberdeen University Library
- Birmingham University Library
- Cambridge University Library
- Dundee Central Library (Wighton Collection)
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Library
- Edinburgh University Library
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
- University of Glasgow Library
- Royal Academy of Music, London
- British Library, London
- Royal College of Music, London
- Vaughan Williams Memorial Library, Cecil Sharp House, London
- Manchester Public Library
- Manchester University Library
- Newcastle University Library
- Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
- A K Bell Library, Perth
- Saint Andrews University Library
- Sheffield University Library
- National Library of Ireland, Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
This source has not been digitised.