A Collection of Strathspeys, Reels, Jigs &c.
by John Burns
Full title: A Collection of Strathspeys, Reels, Jigs &c. for the Piano Forte, Violin and Violoncello. Composed And Respectfully Dedicated to the Rt. Hon. the Countess of Dunmore by John Burns.
Publisher: Edinburgh: Published for the Author by Robert Purdie, 70 Princes Street.
Printer: Edinburgh: Robert Purdie
The basslines vary from very simple four-beat lines to more sophisticated chromatic passages and some quite tricky left-hand piano writing in 'Miss Fanny How's Scotch Measure'.
The book concludes with words set to 'The King's Welcome to Scotland' (3 verses, strathspey).
Biographical info: The dedicatee was Lady Susan, Countess of Dunmore (b.1774). Nothing is known of the composer.
- Aberdeen University Library
- Birmingham University Library
- Cambridge University Library
- Dundee Central Library (Wighton Collection)
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Library
- Edinburgh University Library
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
- University of Glasgow Library
- Royal Academy of Music, London
- British Library, London
- Royal College of Music, London
- Vaughan Williams Memorial Library, Cecil Sharp House, London
- Manchester Public Library
- Manchester University Library
- Newcastle University Library
- Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
- A K Bell Library, Perth
- Saint Andrews University Library
- Sheffield University Library
- National Library of Ireland, Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
This source has not been digitised.