Six Solos and Six Scots Airs, with variations
by Walter Clagget
Full title: Six Solos and Six Scots Airs, with variations for the violon or violoncello, with a thorough bass for the harpsichord. Compos'd by Walter Claget. Opra 2da.
Printer: Printed for the Author.
NB Publication has 'Claget'; RISM and Copac spell name as 'Clagget'; Gore has 'Claggett'.
Opra 2da = Opera Seconda = opus 2
Baroque-like basslines are provided for the Scots airs. The solo part is given in treble clef for the violin, and an octave lower in tenor clef for cello in each case.
Link: British Library
Biographical info: Clagget (1742-1798) was an Irish musician who spent much of his life in England, working as a theatre musician and cello soloist. Also a composer of instrumental and operatic music, self-published and by the Thompson family. His last decade or so was spent in Newcastle upon Tyne. (ODNB)
- Aberdeen University Library
- Birmingham University Library
- Cambridge University Library
- Dundee Central Library (Wighton Collection)
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Library
- Edinburgh University Library
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
- University of Glasgow Library
- Royal Academy of Music, London
- British Library, London
- Royal College of Music, London
- Vaughan Williams Memorial Library, Cecil Sharp House, London
- Manchester Public Library
- Manchester University Library
- Newcastle University Library
- Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
- A K Bell Library, Perth
- Saint Andrews University Library
- Sheffield University Library
- National Library of Ireland, Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
This source has not been digitised.