Clarkson's Musical Entertainment, Book 2nd.
by John (senior) Clarkson
Full title: Clarkson's Musical Entertainment, Being a Selection Of Various Tunes & Pieces of Music Adapted for the Piano Forte or Harpd. Book 2nd.
Publisher: London, Edinburgh: for the Author
Printer: For the Author
Signed on the titlepage by John Clarkson Jnr. End portion of book is supplied in MS in the GB-En copy.
This 2nd book includes 'Carolan's Receipt', 'Aurthur Seat' [by Marshall, in E major] and ends with a Concerto for piano: a J. C. Bach-like theme with Murkys in C. The remainder of book includes a substantial piano Rondo with long minore section, a jig, 'New Tink-a-Tink' and a Strathspey.
Biographical info: John Clarkson Snr died in St Andrews, 1812. He was a violinist, dancing master and compiler. Clarkson's Musical Entertainment was published in London.
- Aberdeen University Library
- Birmingham University Library
- Cambridge University Library
- Dundee Central Library (Wighton Collection)
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Library
- Edinburgh University Library
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
- University of Glasgow Library
- Royal Academy of Music, London
- British Library, London
- Royal College of Music, London
- Vaughan Williams Memorial Library, Cecil Sharp House, London
- Manchester Public Library
- Manchester University Library
- Newcastle University Library
- Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
- A K Bell Library, Perth
- Saint Andrews University Library
- Sheffield University Library
- National Library of Ireland, Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
This source has not been digitised.