A Select Collection of Original Dances
by Nathaniel Gow
Full title: A select collection of original dances, waltzes, marches, minuets & airs respectfully dedicated to the most noble Marchioness of Queensberry, many of which are composed and the whole arranged for the piano forte and harp by Nath. Gow.
Publisher: Edinburgh : Printed & Sold by Penson, Robertson & Co. Music Saloon 47 Princes St.
Printer: Penson, Robertson & Co. Music Saloon, 47 Princes Street
Pianistic arrangements, including a Giga by Corelli ('Corelle . Of all Italian compositions, this was Nath. Gow's father's favorite.'), Cossack Dance etc.
Biographical info: Niel Gow (1727-1807), father of the famous Gow family, lived in Inver near Dunkeld. (Glen 2, viii-xiv; Grove; Alburger; Murdoch, 41-48) Gow's fourth son Nathaniel (1763-1831), violinist and Edinburgh publisher, was perhaps the most famous of the siblings; but his brothers William, John and Andrew also traded in music (John and Andrew in London). Nathaniel's son, Niel Junr., lived 1795-1823.
- Aberdeen University Library
- Birmingham University Library
- Cambridge University Library
- Dundee Central Library (Wighton Collection)
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Library
- Edinburgh University Library
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
- University of Glasgow Library
- Royal Academy of Music, London
- British Library, London
- Royal College of Music, London
- Vaughan Williams Memorial Library, Cecil Sharp House, London
- Manchester Public Library
- Manchester University Library
- Newcastle University Library
- Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
- A K Bell Library, Perth
- Saint Andrews University Library
- Sheffield University Library
- National Library of Ireland, Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
GB-DUcl 10482 (2nd edition)
GB-En Glen 406 (c.1815)
GB-Gu Ca12-y.41 (Edinburgh: Penson & Robertson [c.1818])
This source has not been digitised.