A Complete Repository of Old and New Scotch Strathspeys, Reels & Jigs, Adapted for the German Flute.
by Hamilton, John
Full title: A Complete Repository of Old and New Scotch Strathspeys, Reels & Jigs, Adapted for the German Flute.
Publisher: Edinburgh: Hamilton
Printer: J. Hamilton
For flute alone with no bass
Biographical info: Hamilton (1761-1814) was a prolific Edinburgh publisher of sheet music, the main publisher of Aberdeen organist John Ross's tunes, and friend of the Chambers publishing family (Kidson). Since John Ross moved from Newcastle-upon-Tyne to Aberdeen by the age of 20, any close connection with the older Edinburgh publisher Robert Ross, whose collection Hamilton reprinted, seems unlikely. An editor, compiler and poet, Hamilton reportedly wrote the words for 'Up in the Morning Early'. (Baptie) He traded from 24 North Bridge Street c.1795-1810; and 26 Princes Street c.1812-13 (Humphries & Smith).
- Aberdeen University Library
- Birmingham University Library
- Cambridge University Library
- University Library, Durham
- Dundee Central Library (Wighton Collection)
- National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Library
- Edinburgh University Library
- Mitchell Library, Glasgow
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
- University of Glasgow Library
- Royal Academy of Music, London
- British Library, London
- Royal College of Music, London
- Vaughan Williams Memorial Library, Cecil Sharp House, London
- Manchester Public Library
- Manchester University Library
- Newcastle University Library
- Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
- A K Bell Library, Perth
- Saint Andrews University Library
- Sheffield University Library
- National Library of Ireland, Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
GB-En Glen 153(3)
This source has not been digitised.